Definition of loving in English:
Feeling or showing love or great care: a kind and loving father
More example sentences
- She knelt down next to me, dried my eyes and gave me a warm, loving hug that made everything all right.
- We both lost our fathers when we were young and were blessed with loving mothers.
- She had grown up in a loving family and knew that love and care were two different words.
nounBack to top
The demonstration of love or great care.
- He was not one of these people who was kind of a machine, who did his work and was not capable of love or loving.
- I guess a baby cat needs some loving too, it doesn't even have a mother around to care for it.
- For centuries it has been the basis of training hearts in the art of loving and adoration.
- Example sentences
- When I tried with my parents I saw only hatred and anger, and when I tried on Bert, it had showed kindness and lovingness that is always found in close friends.
- There is much evidence of lovingness in the work, particularly in the delightful rendering of the smallest of creatures.
- This wandering visualization captures the sense of family as a unit, an organism unto itself (appropriately, the entire clan smokes out of the same pack of cigarettes), with the lovingness and annoyingness such inseparability entails.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.