- A gear that causes a wheeled vehicle to move slowly, because of a low ratio between the speed of the wheels and that of the mechanism driving them.More example sentences
- Mountain bikes may offer an extremely low gear to facilitate climbing slowly on steep hills.
- Avoid running the car on high speed with low gears, as this will obviously bring the mileage down.
- Nervous drivers are more likely to make mistakes such as leaving an indicator on, driving at excessively low or fast speeds, staying in low gears and driving too close to the car in front.
More definitions of low gearDefinition of low gear in:
- The British & World English dictionary