- 1Denoting exercises, typically aerobics, designed to put little or no harmful stress on the body.More example sentences
- Walking, jogging and low-impact aerobics are good options for weight-bearing exercise.
- Not only does water aerobics provide the ultimate low-impact workout, but also offers an excellent environment to regulate body temperature and avoid overheating.
- Treadmills are still the most popular type of equipment sold, but a growing number of elliptical motion trainers are attracting exercisers seeking a low-impact workout.
- 2(Of an activity, industry, or product) affecting or altering the environment as little as possible.More example sentences
- Essentially what the environmental groups want is increased emphasis on trail development and low-impact recreation, less on economic benefits.
- It's a low-impact project and it's coming at a time when there is a need for more power generation.
- In 1997, he came up with low-impact development technology and then used an EPA grant to convert the local model into a national one.
More definitions of low-impactDefinition of low-impact in:
- The British & World English dictionary