Definition of low-resolution in English:
1Of or relating to a visual output device, such as a CRT or a printer, whose images are not sharply defined.
- WebTV and similar devices use a standard low-resolution TV as the display, so they can't display a full web page from most sites without scrolling.
- This means that they draw far less power and they can be used with small portable devices which have mostly been using monochrome low-resolution displays to conserve power.
- If you use a computer and printer, do not submit low-resolution dot matrix print-outs; they will not be read.
1.1Of or relating to an image that lacks sharp focus or fine detail.
- A high-resolution video of a speaker takes too long to download, but a low-resolution video makes fine details such as the speaker's face and hands appear fuzzy.
- The highland regions seen first in low-resolution Earth-based radar images and Pioneer-Venus radar altimetry are among the most complex surfaces and consist of a terrain that is complexly faulted in orthogonal patterns.
- But it is advisable to start with high-resolution 35-mm slides and then scan to create low-resolution digital images, rather than the other way around.