- another term for lower house.More example sentences
- This lower chamber or House of Assembly, elected by the planters in the parishes, controlled the public funds and used this aspect to put pressure on the governor and his council.
- German voters on Sunday cast their ballots to elect the members of the parliament's lower chamber, the Bundestag.
- That's what passes for government in the lower chamber these days.
More definitions of lower chamberDefinition of lower chamber in:
- The British & World English dictionary