(also lower case)
- Small letters as opposed to capital letters (uppercase): the name may be typed in lowercase [as modifier]: lowercase lettersMore example sentences
- Of these we have given both the upper case and lower case versions of the 24 classical letters.
- That author gave brown in lower case and Betty in upper case; and, in default of evidence to the contrary, it seems best to go along with the view that Betty is here a proper name.
- Capital letters generally are larger than lower-case letters.
referring originally to the lower of two cases of type positioned on an angled stand for use by a compositor (see uppercase).
More definitions of lowercaseDefinition of lowercase in:
- The British & World English dictionary