(also low life)
Definition of lowlife in English:
People or activities characterized as being disreputable and often criminal: crackheads, loafers, and general nineties low life
More example sentences
- Pattaya is a tourist city and we cannot have such low-life criminals attacking tourists.
- Expect ripe language, prostitution, low-life characters, black marketeering, drug abuse and more - but there may be a little bit of romanticism even in this grim tale.
- Unlike other kinds of theft where the principal beneficiaries are the thief and other low-life cretins, here the person who benefits the most is another contractor.
- Example sentences
- These previously prime time westerns taught us that when the bad guys come into town to terrorise our families, the sheriff always rounds up the men willing to hop on a horse and go after these low-lifers.
- Typical of a Soderbergh movie is the assertion that most low-lifers are comedians at heart.
- These low-lifers work, drive and shop among us without conscience, in every area of the judicial system.
Definition of lowlife in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia