Definition of lube in English:
- There are now fortified dry lubes, synthetic wet lubes, self-cleaning wax lubes, all-condition lubes, chain cleaners, chain grunge brushes and more.
- If any major work is required, they drive the machine to the landing and a new, exceptionally-well equipped 45-foot service van that includes all the tools, fuel, lubes and spare parts as well as an office.
- In most shops the lube alone would cost at least £9!
verb[with object] Back to top
- In low-speed applications, ball bearings are lubed with grease.
- The shop in Bangor lubed the gear legs with a special cold-weather grease, and the problem was solved.
- If your bearings were lubed with a thick gel or grease, you may have to let them soak for ten minutes, shake for ten minutes, soak for ten minutes and so on to get them clean.
Words that rhyme with lubeboob, cube, droob, j'adoube, jube, rube, tube
Definition of lube in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan