So foolish, unreasonable, or out of place as to be amusing; ridiculous: it’s ludicrous that I have been fined every night he wore a ludicrous outfit
More example sentences
- The idea that a pit crew can win a race, irrespective of the ability of the driver, is ludicrous.
- What a shame about the ludicrous fake tans which gave them the appearance of well-ripened oranges.
- That's the whole problem with this ludicrous measure: it is grossly asymmetrical.
absurd, ridiculous, farcical, laughable, risible, preposterous, foolish, mad, insane, idiotic, stupid, inane, silly, asinine, nonsensical
- Example sentences
- Confronted with the sheer ludicrousness and futility of the whole system, we just don't know what to do.
- I'm not sure whether the joke itself (the ludicrousness of '80s television) is a little thin, or whether I'm the wrong age to find the parody new and/or exciting.
- The ludicrousness of this assertion gives new life to the old line about some things being so preposterous it takes an educated person to believe them.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.