1A light toboggan for one or two people, ridden in a sitting or supine position.
- I met Karmen and Elle at the top again, the two of them breathless from trying to figure out how to control their luges.
- Visions of tobogganing, the luge and downhill skiing all filled my head as I put together yet another estimate - this time to remove the water pump for inspection and replace it if required.
- I have also mentioned an incident that happened to me in January this year, when my son and I sought to buy 10 tickets to ride the luge in Rotorua.
1.1A sport in which competitors make a timed descent of a course riding a luge.
- Sports most frequently training in Lake Placid include biathlon, bobsled, figure skating, ice hockey, luge, skiing and speed skating.
- Perhaps the reason I prefer downhill skiing, luge, cross-country, speed skating, and other such sports in the Winter Olympics is that judging vagaries don't affect them.
- Hayden's interest in luge started when she saw the sport for the first time while watching the 1994 Olympics on television.
Ride on a luge.
- I started luging at 14 years of age when a luge track was built in Muskegon.
- I initially became interested in luging when I saw a documentary about it on television.
- We can take the gondola/cable car/whatever you want to call it all the way up and go luging!
Late 19th century (as a verb): from Swiss French.
Words that rhyme with lugehuge, kludge, scrooge, smoodge, stooge
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.