- A period of twelve lunar months (approximately 354 days).More example sentences
- It may be useful to note, first of all, that the Muslim year is a lunar year of twelve months, that is, about ten days short of a solar year.
- In marking off days and lunations on lengths of dowel, the eleven day disparity between the solar year and the lunar year is found directly.
- The lunar year is approximately 354 days long, so the months rotate backward through the seasons and are not fixed to the Gregorian calendar.
More definitions of lunar yearDefinition of lunar year in:
- The British & World English dictionary