noun (plural lungis)
- A length of cotton cloth worn as a loincloth in India or as a skirt in Burma (Myanmar), where it is the national dress for both sexes.More example sentences
- Muslim men tend to wear a sarong-like garment, the lungi, which is tied around the waist.
- Out of the gift box came spanking new saris, shirts, trousers, lungis and nighties and the happiness of the inmates knew no bounds.
- Asian, African and Middle Eastern attire such as the sarong, dhoti, lungi, caftan, kameez, the Chinese robe and the kimono are increasingly turning up on the catwalks of fashion capitals in the west.
More definitions of lungiDefinition of lungi in:
- The British & World English dictionary