Definition of lungworm in English:
A parasitic nematode worm found in the lungs of mammals, especially farm and domestic animals.
- Dictyocaulus and other genera, class Phasmida
- First we discuss climate warming as an important driver for the emergence of disease associated with Umingmakstrongylus pallikuukensis, a nematode lungworm of muskoxen.
- The cestodes and lungworms require intermediate hosts for transmission, but all other parasites are transmitted directly from host to host and are therefore likely to be influenced by host social behavior.
- They keep their distance because the manure often carries the eggs of parasites such as lungworms.
Definition of lungworm in:
- British & World English dictionary