- 1.1An oval depression in front of the beak on the outside of many clams.More example sentences
- Therefore, the possession of the anterior, unpaired lunule in ambulacrum III, is a plesiomorphic character for the Mellitidae in general.
- This type of lunule is completely unknown in any other echinoid.
- Other measurements of test length, lunule lengths, widths, positions, apex position, and petaloid lengths were made from both the fossil and extant Leodia material using dial calipers.
- 1.2A small area above the antennae on the front of some kinds of flies.More example sentences
- A small median plate lying between the ptilinal fissure and the bases of the antennae is named the lunule.
- The frontal lunule is a small crescent shaped piece immediately above the antennae, which is characteristic of the second suborder, the Cyclor rhapha.
More definitions of lunuleDefinition of lunule in:
- The British & World English dictionary