Any of various diseases or conditions marked by inflammation of the skin, especially lupus vulgaris or lupus erythematosus.
- In some patients, lupus skin disease or lupus internal organ disease can be triggered by reactions to certain drugs.
- Tests show blood rheumatism, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatic fever, nervous rheumatism, or bone rheumatism.
- It can occur by itself or with other, common autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.
late 16th century: from Latin, literally 'wolf'.
- Example sentences
- There is also a specific inflammatory disease of the liver, related to SLE, called lupoid hepatitis.
- From January 1989 to February 1993, lupoid onychodystrophy was diagnosed in 18 dogs at the CVM.
- Diascopy with a glass spatula reveals the lupoid character of the infiltrations.
Definition of lupus in:
- British & World English dictionary