1A crossbred dog, typically a retriever, collie, or sheepdog crossed with a greyhound, of a kind originally used for hunting and by poachers for catching rabbits.
- The date is also traditionally the first day of hunting meets and foxhounds, lurchers, greyhounds, beagles, minkhounds, terriers and other hunting dogs will all be taken along to Higham.
- There will be three rings at the dog show for greyhounds, lurchers, whippets and any other breeds.
- Some underfeed their whippets, lurchers, or greyhounds, because they mistakenly think these breeds are meant to be stick-thin.
2 archaic A prowler, swindler, or petty thief.
- In the following months, she went with Ye every afternoon after work to catch lurchers.
- After a fortnight of failure, a villager reported that the lurcher repeatedly visited one isolated house.
- Crab, in this case, is played by a somnambulant lurcher called Ria.
Words that rhyme with lurchernurture, percher, searcher
Definition of lurcher in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.