Definition of luscious in English:
1(Of food or wine) having a pleasingly rich, sweet taste: a luscious and fragrant dessert wine
More example sentences
- Huge chocolate bars, fizzy drinks, luscious cakes and tempting sweets are in every shop.
- I blew out the candles on my twelfth birthday cake, indulging in the luscious chocolate taste.
- Now I am guessing that a sweeter Meyer lemon would make really sweet and luscious lemon tartelettes.
1.1Richly verdant or opulent.
- But it's also one of the prettiest, with richly coloured pictures of luscious foliage, yellow sands and strange devils' faces peeping from trees.
- At the minute the Village Green looks luscious and beautiful, but without the help of the community this will no longer be the case.
- A window on the far wall gave a beautiful view of the luscious jungle landscape of Nede.
1.2(Of a woman) very sexually attractive.
- She was luscious, there was no other way to put it.
- Here, we present 16 luscious females, each of whom has a tenuous link to football and ask: just who has the hottest totty?
- And I never told anyone, bar those luscious ladies, of it until now.
- Example sentences
- But if you smell fried chicken and doughnuts when you're walking down the street and hungry, you're going to want something lusciously fatty.
- The roasted red and yellow peppers, zucchini, eggplant and asparagus were just so, and the heady porcini mushroom risotto underlying it all was lusciously creamy.
- I did have a problem getting the cheeses really emulsified, and instead of lusciously coating my pasta, they clumped up a bit.
- Example sentences
- ‘This one,’ I said, picking up the largest round sable brush in the box and running its lovely, sexy, begging-for-water lusciousness over my fingers.
- Although it was a film made with great care and had a visual lusciousness and style all its own, I have to confess that because things did move quite slowly, I went to sleep.
- The lusciousness of solitude is a pleasure I subscribe to.
Words that rhyme with lusciousConfucius
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan