Definition of luscious in English:
1(Of food or wine) having a pleasingly rich, sweet taste: a luscious and fragrant dessert wine
More example sentences
- Huge chocolate bars, fizzy drinks, luscious cakes and tempting sweets are in every shop.
- I blew out the candles on my twelfth birthday cake, indulging in the luscious chocolate taste.
- Now I am guessing that a sweeter Meyer lemon would make really sweet and luscious lemon tartelettes.
1.1Richly verdant or opulent.
- But it's also one of the prettiest, with richly coloured pictures of luscious foliage, yellow sands and strange devils' faces peeping from trees.
- At the minute the Village Green looks luscious and beautiful, but without the help of the community this will no longer be the case.
- A window on the far wall gave a beautiful view of the luscious jungle landscape of Nede.
1.2(Of a woman) very sexually attractive.
- She was luscious, there was no other way to put it.
- Here, we present 16 luscious females, each of whom has a tenuous link to football and ask: just who has the hottest totty?
- And I never told anyone, bar those luscious ladies, of it until now.
- Example sentences
- But if you smell fried chicken and doughnuts when you're walking down the street and hungry, you're going to want something lusciously fatty.
- The roasted red and yellow peppers, zucchini, eggplant and asparagus were just so, and the heady porcini mushroom risotto underlying it all was lusciously creamy.
- I did have a problem getting the cheeses really emulsified, and instead of lusciously coating my pasta, they clumped up a bit.
- Example sentences
- ‘This one,’ I said, picking up the largest round sable brush in the box and running its lovely, sexy, begging-for-water lusciousness over my fingers.
- Although it was a film made with great care and had a visual lusciousness and style all its own, I have to confess that because things did move quite slowly, I went to sleep.
- The lusciousness of solitude is a pleasure I subscribe to.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.