A plucked stringed instrument with a long neck bearing frets and a rounded body with a flat front that is shaped like a halved egg.
- Did such instruments as the lute, viol, or violoncello piccolo play a role as continuo instruments?
- Instrumental support, which mostly doubles the vocal lines, is provided by bamboo flutes, two-stringed viols, lutes, dulcimer, and panpipes, gently seasoned by percussive punctuation.
- Many of the riffs are righteously medieval in tone, but they rework those tripping arpeggios for a scorched-earth rock setting, without a lute, zither or lyre within earshot.
Words that rhyme with luteacute, argute, astute, beaut, Beirut, boot, bruit, brut, brute, Bute, butte, Canute, cheroot, chute, commute, compute, confute, coot, cute, depute, dilute, dispute, flute, galoot, hoot, impute, jute, loot, minute, moot, newt, outshoot, permute, pollute, pursuit, recruit, refute, repute, route, salute, Salyut, scoot, shoot, Shute, sloot, snoot, subacute, suit, telecommute, Tonton Macoute, toot, transmute, undershoot, uproot, Ute, volute
verb[with object] Back to top
Seal, join, or coat with lute.
- Finally the flares of the mold must be luted to provide a seal between mold and bar so that the weld metal will not escape during the actual welding process.
- Finally, you should lute the orthodontic brackets using only light-activated resins, if possible.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.