- A maker of stringed instruments such as violins or guitars.More example sentences
- Becoming a luthier - someone who practices the art of making stringed instruments - ‘is the most rewarding thing I've ever done,’ Anderberg said.
- With today's emphasis on quality vintage reissues, custom shop axes from the major companies and more boutique luthiers than ever, there are tons of wonderful new guitars.
- Snagg's database is available to law enforcement officials, dealers, repair shops, and luthiers.
late 19th century: from French, from luth 'lute'.
More definitions of luthierDefinition of luthier in:
- The British & World English dictionary