Expensive and of high quality; luxurious: the luxe 65-room Four Seasons hotel
More example sentences
- In 1926, a Belgian boutique began selling smooth, indulgent chocolates in a luxe gold box.
- Spend seven days exploring deep-sea life from a shamelessly luxe live-aboard yacht.
- The material is metallic in a comfortable blue tone to give an effortless luxe look.
- I admit from the start that you could argue that this is not real luxury but a kind of ersatz variety, punk luxe, and maybe you would be correct.
- The town, a ski resort in winter (and site of the 1956 Winter Olympics), is a kind of anti-Aspen: elegant and luxe yet warmly human, full of comfortable old hotels built in a blocky chalet style.
- She expects to pine for the Chronicle's luxe test kitchen - which she helped set up - not to mention its herb garden and 20,000 bottle wine cellar.
Mid 16th century: from French, from Latin luxus 'abundance'.
Words that rhyme with luxecrux, dux, flux, lux, tux
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of luxe in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.