- An enzyme that catalyzes the joining of specified molecules or groups by a double bond.More example sentences
- Whey contains many types of enzymes, including hydrolases, transferases, lyases, proteases, and lipases.
- Other categories include transferases, oxidoreductases, ligases, lyases, isomerases, proteases, molecular chaperons, and GTPases.
- This protein has a pectate lyase enzyme activity and could be involved in cell wall elaboration during germination and pollen tube growth.
More definitions of lyaseDefinition of lyase in:
- The British & World English dictionary