Definition of lychnis in English:
A plant of a genus that includes the campions and a number of cultivated ornamental flowers.
- Genus Lychnis, family Caryophyllaceae
- When summer-flowering perennials such as bellflowers, geraniums, lychnis, Shasta daisies, and spiderworts finish blooming and start to look tattered, cut back their stems to the rosette of new foliage.
- Plants chosen for drought tolerance as well as color thrive here, including catmint (Nepeta ‘Blue Wonder’), ceanothus, lychnis, penstemon, purple coneflower, rockrose, rosemary, and star jasmine.
- Conversely other plants, such as Petunia, Lychnis and Gazania, need light.
Words that rhyme with lychnisWidnes • bigness • illness
Definition of lychnis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.