present participle of lie2.
Not telling the truth: he’s a lying, cheating, snake in the grass
More example sentences
- Getting out of that situation was the absolute nadir of my barefaced lying career.
- This fear of God's rejection is not only caused by the lying accusations of the devil.
- I SO much want to tell him what a lying bastard he is and how much his hostile betrayal hurt me.
- Example sentences
- Immigration has reached ‘a crunch point,’ he lyingly claimed, before extolling the draconian measures already taken by his government to restrict immigration.
- Days later the army arrives with the coffin, pompously and lyingly informing the family that ‘the deceased was the victim of a terrorist attack.’
- ‘I'd have to talk to my mom, but it sounds fun’ said Jacob half lyingly.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.