adjectiveAnatomy & Medicine
- Of, relating to, or denoting the tissue responsible for producing lymphocytes and antibodies. This tissue occurs in the lymph nodes, thymus, tonsils, and spleen, and dispersed elsewhere in the body.More example sentences
- Important in the management of hepatitis are those of the liver, thymus, spleen and other lymphoid tissues.
- Unfortunately there was not enough to make lymphoid tissue such as tonsils useful for diagnosis.
- There are also clumps of lymphoid tissue throughout the body, primarily in the form of lymph nodes, that house the leukocytes.
More definitions of lymphoidDefinition of lymphoid in:
- The British & World English dictionary