- (Of a colloid) readily dispersed by a solvent and not easily precipitated.More example sentences
- Association colloids are formed in solutions of molecules that include both lyophilic and lyophobic regions.
- An example of a lyophilic colloid is the gelatin sol.
- A surface active molecule consists of a lyophobic and a lyophilic group.
early 20th century: from Greek luein 'loosen, dissolve' + philos 'loving'.
More definitions of lyophilicDefinition of lyophilic in:
- The British & World English dictionary