- A crystalline compound prepared from natural ergot alkaloids or synthetically, from which the drug LSD ( lysergic acid diethylamide) can be made.
More example sentences
- A tetracyclic acid; chemical formula: C16H16N2O2
- Club drugs are favored over other recreational drugs, such as marijuana, lysergic acid diethylamide, methamphetamine, and opiates, because they are believed to enhance social interaction.
- A synthetic variation of this compound called lysergic acid diethylamide is a powerful hallucinogen called LSD.
- In 1943, the drug lysergic acid diethylamide was synthesized by a Swiss chemist.
1930s: lysergic from (hydro)lys(is) + erg(ot) + -ic.
More definitions of lysergic acidDefinition of lysergic acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary