- An enzyme that catalyzes the destruction of the cell walls of certain bacteria, occurring notably in tears and egg white.More example sentences
- Intriguingly, enzymes such as lipase, lysozyme, and subtilisin retained their activities in organic solvents.
- Several detailed studies were carried out with the proteins lysozyme and ferritin.
- The results were also verified by examining the spectra of two purified proteins, albumin and lysozyme.
More definitions of lysozymeDefinition of lysozyme in:
- The British & World English dictionary