symbolPhysics Back to top
noun (plural Ms or M's)
1.1Denoting the next after L in a set of items, categories, etc.
2 (M) A shape like that of a capital M.
- But on that way we got to see a lot of little shops and finally the big golden M and Julius got his burger (of which he only ate half).
- Examples of trademarked items are the names "Coke," "Coca-cola," "McDonald's," the McDonald's golden M logo, stuff like that.
A .30-caliber semiautomatic clip-fed rifle capable of firing eight rounds before reloading, the standard rifle used by US troops in World War II and the Korean War.
- What is the value of an M-1 Garand rifle?
- Should I use an M-1 Carbine to take out rats or other vermin?
- An M-1 with the 105mm carries 55 main gun rounds.
A lightweight, fully automatic assault rifle that shoots small-caliber bullets at an extremely high velocity, used by US troops after 1966.
- Kidding, it's not really a DeWalt edition rifle, it's just an M-16 some guy modded to look like one.
- "I could troubleshoot an M-16 much faster than I could an M-14," says Lieut. Colonel Henry Miller, chief of Army heavy maintenance in Saigon.
- Ashdod police were more than a bit surprised on Sunday when they spotted a 5-year-old walking a local street brandishing an M-16 rifle.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.