Definition of macaque in English:
noun(also macaque monkey)
A medium-sized, chiefly forest-dwelling Old World monkey that has a long face and cheek pouches for holding food.
- Genus Macaca, family Cercopithecidae: several species, including the rhesus monkey and the Barbary ape
- A lot more is known about cercopithecines, such as macaques, baboons and vervets, because many of them are ground-dwelling monkeys which are relatively easy to study.
- Those species were chimpanzee, gorilla, orangutan, gibbon, macaque and owl monkey.
- Primate species are gibbons, langurs, lorises and macaques.
Words that rhyme with macaquearc, ark, Bach, bark, barque, Braque, Clark, clerk, dark, embark, hark, impark, Iraq, Ladakh, Lamarck, lark, marc, mark, marque, narc, nark, Newark, park, quark, sark, shark, snark, spark, stark, Vlach
Definition of macaque in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.