Definition of macaque in English:
noun(also macaque monkey)
A medium-sized, chiefly forest-dwelling Old World monkey that has a long face and cheek pouches for holding food.
- Genus Macaca, family Cercopithecidae: several species, including the rhesus monkey and the Barbary ape
- A lot more is known about cercopithecines, such as macaques, baboons and vervets, because many of them are ground-dwelling monkeys which are relatively easy to study.
- Those species were chimpanzee, gorilla, orangutan, gibbon, macaque and owl monkey.
- Primate species are gibbons, langurs, lorises and macaques.
Definition of macaque in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan