Definition of machinima in English:
1A method of making animated film using software similar to that designed for making video and computer games.
- More than just a cheap way to make an animated movie, machinima allows game players to comment directly on the pop culture they so devotedly consume.
- Already, a small cult of machinima has started up, using game engines as studios to create movie-like scenes.
- We see glimmers of that in some machinima projects, like Red v Blue or in Flash-shorts like Homestar Runner, a clubbish sense of ownership by its fans that turn them into relentless marketers of the net-art.
1.1The genre of films created by machinima.
- Film enthusiasts are creating machinima, films made with computer gaming technology, some of it available for free on the Web.
- THIS SPRING, ELECTRONIC ARTS DECIDED to promote the Sims 2 by hiring Rooster Teeth to create a machinima show using the game.
- One of the more popular machinima concepts is to create a music video using characters in a game (there were a bunch of Star Wars ones that got passed around for a while).
Definition of machinima in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan