Constituting, relating to, or following a diet of whole pure prepared foods that is based on Taoist principles of the balance of yin and yang.
- I wanted my body to devote itself to getting better, not digesting unhealthy food, so I worked out a diet based on macrobiotic and Ayurvedic principles and ate only organically grown food.
- The macrobiotic diet contains whole foods that are extremely high in natural minerals and include: grains, beans, vegetables and sea vegetables, sea salt, and miso.
- Soft-shelled varieties, especially that called ‘Ma-Yuen’, are preferred for eating, for example in macrobiotic diets.
plural noun(macrobiotics) [treated as singular]
The use or theory of a macrobiotic diet.
- In macrobiotics some food is beneficial at certain times.
- Japanese macrobiotics uses a grated poultice of the taro potato which grows in tropical, hot countries.
- He enrolled on a course in macrobiotics in London - and four years later, in 1993, left with a certificate from the London School of Macrobiotics and membership of the Macrobiotics Association of Great Britain.
Words that rhyme with macrobioticabiotic, amniotic, antibiotic, chaotic, demotic, despotic, erotic, exotic, homoerotic, hypnotic, idiotic, meiotic, narcotic, neurotic, osmotic, patriotic, prebiotic, psychotic, quixotic, robotic, sclerotic, semiotic, symbiotic, zygotic, zymotic
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of macrobiotic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.