- another term for Monterey cypress.More example sentences
- The brighter side to the carnage is that it has hit exotic species hardest, particularly pines and macrocarpas.
- In addition to the fir trees there are rowan, macrocarpa, eucalyptus and larch, and some native plants such as hard fern, matagouri, tussock, manuka, coprosma, and dracophyllum (the grass tree).
- Timbers - jarrah, kauri, macrocarpa - were hand adzed to ‘give them a woody character, and the forest origin of the timber is not lost.’
early 20th century: modern Latin, from macro- 'large' + Greek karpos 'fruit'.
More definitions of macrocarpaDefinition of macrocarpa in:
- The British & World English dictionary