- Of, relating to, or denoting a ring composed of a relatively large number of atoms, such as occurs in heme, chlorophyll, and several natural antibiotics.More example sentences
- The polar head is a macrocyclic lactone ring containing nine amino acid residues, three of which have positive charges, whereas one has negative charge.
- The intermolecular interactions between the viologens and the macrocyclic molecule were investigated in a solution before photoirradiation.
- Collectively, they are called tetraamido macrocyclic ligands or TAML for short.
- More example sentences
- Their device was based on a supramolecular system consisting of a p-electron-donating macrocycle threaded with a p-electron-accepting wire-like molecule.
- Very few porphyrins are known to form J-aggregates, the main requisite being the zwitterionic character with the protonation of the pyrrole nitrogen in the macrocycle.
- However, similar spectral changes can also be produced by the protonation of the macrocycle at the azomethine nitrogens, although there are very few reports in which this phenomenon is discussed.
More definitions of macrocyclicDefinition of macrocyclic in:
- The British & World English dictionary