Definition of macromolecule in English:
A molecule containing a very large number of atoms, such as a protein, nucleic acid, or synthetic polymer.
- During these reactions, they are chemically linked forming macromolecules, or polymers, which have large molecular weights.
- Polyvinyl chloride is a macromolecule that results from the free-radical polymerization of vinyl chloride.
- Polypropylene is a linear macromolecule, or polymer, composed of repeating units of isopropane.
- Example sentences
- Diene elastomers can be recognized by the presence of double bonds in the main chains of the macromolecular molecules.
- These cosolute molecules bathe and solvate the macromolecular solute as water does.
- Using a low energy nitrogen laser, Tanaka showed that he could make gaseous clouds of matrix ions carrying macromolecular ions with them.
Definition of macromolecule in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan