Definition of macromolecule in English:
A molecule containing a very large number of atoms, such as a protein, nucleic acid, or synthetic polymer.
- During these reactions, they are chemically linked forming macromolecules, or polymers, which have large molecular weights.
- Polyvinyl chloride is a macromolecule that results from the free-radical polymerization of vinyl chloride.
- Polypropylene is a linear macromolecule, or polymer, composed of repeating units of isopropane.
- Example sentences
- Diene elastomers can be recognized by the presence of double bonds in the main chains of the macromolecular molecules.
- These cosolute molecules bathe and solvate the macromolecular solute as water does.
- Using a low energy nitrogen laser, Tanaka showed that he could make gaseous clouds of matrix ions carrying macromolecular ions with them.
Definition of macromolecule in:
- British & World English dictionary