- A large phagocytic cell found in stationary form in the tissues or as a mobile white blood cell, especially at sites of infection.More example sentences
- The Lancet report showed evidence of extensive destruction triggered by blood cells called macrophages.
- Naive monocytes and macrophages are the primary cell types encountered by the bacterium during the invasion process.
- As well as the polymorphs and macrophages, there are cells that do not originate in the bone marrow, nor travel in the bloodstream, which can also act as phagocytes.
More definitions of macrophageDefinition of macrophage in:
- The British & World English dictionary