Definition of macropod in English:
A plant-eating marsupial mammal of an Australasian family that comprises the kangaroos and wallabies.
- Family Macropodidae: several genera, in particular Macropus
- Are you talking about macropods in general like wallabies, the kangaroos as well as the possums or just the Brush-tails in particular?
- A program in northern NSW is helping to save the endangered rufous bettong, a macropod that plays an important part in forest ecosystems.
- In macropods regurgitation is more irregular and infrequent and involves much less chewing and has been termed merycism.
Definition of macropod in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.