Definition of macropod in English:
A plant-eating marsupial mammal of an Australasian family that comprises the kangaroos and wallabies.
- Family Macropodidae: several genera, in particular Macropus
- Are you talking about macropods in general like wallabies, the kangaroos as well as the possums or just the Brush-tails in particular?
- A program in northern NSW is helping to save the endangered rufous bettong, a macropod that plays an important part in forest ecosystems.
- In macropods regurgitation is more irregular and infrequent and involves much less chewing and has been termed merycism.
Words that rhyme with macropodcephalopod • monopod
Definition of macropod in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan