Definition of madonna lily in English:
A tall white-flowered lily with golden pollen. Native to Asia Minor, it is traditionally associated with purity and is often depicted in paintings of the Madonna.
- Lilium candidum, family Liliaceae
- Lilium candidum, the madonna lily is the oldest known lily, and was most likely the first flower to have been used as a cut flower.
- The Madonna Lily, when it is immune from disease, to which it is very prone, has a vigorous constitution, being so hardy that frost does not injure it.
- I'm of European origin, and one thing I can say is that the Madonna lily is extremely common there, barely a garden without it.
Definition of madonna lily in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan