Definition of magnetoresistance in English:
The dependence of the electrical resistance of a body on an external magnetic field.
- This type of magnetoresistance is called ballistic because the electrons' paths are so short that the particles don't collide with atoms as they zip through the nanocontact.
- Read heads based on giant magnetoresistance further increase the storage capacity of hard disc drives.
- A magnetoresistance effect type head for reproducing includes a lower shielding film and a magnetoresistance effect sensor film between the lower shielding film and the lower magnetic core.
- Example sentences
- Thus all the elegant science and engineering of the disk drive - the aerodynamic heads, the magnetoresistive sensors, the ruthenium film - has its ultimate fulfillment in replaying soap operas and old Star Trek episodes.
- Accordingly, the whole region passed by the object in the alignment direction of the magnetoresistive elements is a magnetic sensitive region.
- The sensor preferably is either an anisotopic magnetoresistive element or a spin valve element less than 0.6 m wide.
Definition of magnetoresistance in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan