- An agave plant, especially one yielding pulque.More example sentences
- The fierce agave spines make for treacherous farming conditions; the maguey must be collected by hand.
- Then, as the heat of the coals wilted the maguey, we would fold the pencas over, one by one, in a basket weave over the top of the coals.
- Learn how Oaxaca's famed elixir is made from start to finish, from laborious pit-baked magueys to the intriguing process of distillation.
mid 16th century: via Spanish from Taino.
More definitions of magueyDefinition of maguey in:
- The British & World English dictionary