(also maidenhair fern)
Definition of maidenhair in English:
A chiefly tropical fern of delicate appearance, having slender-stalked fronds with round or wedge-shaped divided lobes.
- Genus Adiantum, family Adiantaceae: several species, in particular A. capillus-veneris of Eurasia and North America
- Species of the eastern deciduous forest are northern maidenhair, maidenhair spleenwort, and oak fern.
- Among the ferns are California polypody, maidenhair fern, and golden-back fern.
- Others are maidenhair spleenwort, two kinds of polypody, and walking fern.
Definition of maidenhair in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia