- A platform around the head of the lower section of a sailing ship’s mainmast.More example sentences
- It was a horrible lesson too to them, because it was afterwards found that he had taken up a bottle of whisky to drink at the maintop.
- There are many of places of the coast where fishermen could find the place where nets were cast, creels or maintops were lowered.
- On 12 April 1606, a royal decree declared that the ships of the Kingdom of Great Britain " shall bear on their maintops the red cross, commonly called St. George's cross, and the white cross, commonly called St. Andrew's cross.’
More definitions of maintopDefinition of maintop in:
- The British & World English dictionary