- 1The highest-ranking league in a particular professional sport, especially baseball: my dream of pitching in the major leagues [as modifier]: future major-league ballplayersMore example sentences
- Like most of us, my dreams of setting foot on a major-league baseball field died a painful, inglorious death in youth.
- Did you realize the Oakland A's have three players in their starting lineup who are the sons of former major-league baseball players?
- Palmeiro is no longer a major-league caliber ballplayer.
- 1.1The highest attainable level in any endeavor or activity: [as modifier]: many of the nation’s service companies are major-league corporationsMore example sentences
- This band is major league, ready for a worldwide listening audience.
- We have heard so much about this school, now it's suddenly major league on the map, it's in the big 12.
- It was your job to convince everyone else that you were major league.
- More example sentences
- Abreu is an established major-leaguer and a future star who is sure to make an impact
- He was a star in Japan, and he has all the tools, but who knows if he can produce as a major-leaguer?
- Even if I wasn't working to become a major-leaguer, I just wanted to play.
More definitions of major leagueDefinition of major league in:
- The British & World English dictionary