- Spades or hearts.More example sentences
- Because of the difference in score, clubs and diamonds are called the minor suits and hearts and spades are the major suits.
- If the suit is a major suit, the bidder must have at least 3 cards in the suit bid.
- At the one level a major suit overcall may be made on a four-card holding of exceptional quality.
early 20th century: so named because of their higher scoring value.
More definitions of major suitDefinition of major suit in:
- The British & World English dictionary