- A switch or other device in which electrical contact is automatically made and broken.More example sentences
- This sounded the death knell for the slow and heavy make-and-breaks.
- Auto engines had much more horsepower per pound of weight, and though physically larger, they did not weigh much more than the make-and-breaks.
- The hammer type of make-and-break has given very good service.
More definitions of make-and-breakDefinition of make-and-break in:
- The British & World English dictionary