Failing or unable to cope with the demands of a normal social environment: maladjusted behavior
More example sentences
- High scorers are viewed as maladjusted, whiney, demanding, and quick-tempered.
- Ghost World realistically portrays the often obsessive, compulsive and maladjusted postures of youth.
- They are socially maladjusted, and attention and dependence seeking.
- More example sentences
- Johnson and Norem-Hebeisen noted that destructive conflict leads to social isolation which is associated with behavioral maladjustment.
- Existing studies have primarily looked at the ideational content of self-statements within single domains of childhood maladjustment.
- These negative outcomes may lead to social isolation, loss of status among peers, and psychological maladjustment.