adjectiveBack to top
- Inopportune; inappropriate: these terms applied to him seem to me malaproposMore example sentences
- Is that malapropos statement relevant?
- Now Mr. Cohen has a feature-length film with a title as malapropos as Borat's sendup of Kazakhstan.
- Many discoveries made long time ago seemed malapropos and were forgotten.
noun (plural same)Back to top
- Something inappropriately said or done.More example sentences
- I had started with malapropos and spoonerism, and what better way there is except to end it the same way.
mid 17th century: from French mal à propos, from mal 'ill' + à 'to' + propos 'purpose'.