- Male prejudice against women; the belief that men are superior in terms of ability, intelligence, etc.: a bastion of male chauvinismMore example sentences
- In honor of the cold war, let me address old-fashioned male chauvinism.
- In China, a country having a centuries-long tradition of male superiority, male chauvinism is absolutely not a new word.
- In different parts of the world, male chauvinism in different degrees has led to gender injustice.
- More example sentences
- A renewed reading of the sacred texts is needed in order to expose the inconsistencies in the male chauvinist reading of the tradition.
- A devotee of the sexual revolution, he remained in many ways an unreconstructed, 1950s male chauvinist pig.
- Anyone saying that today would be vilified for male-chauvinist sexism.
More definitions of male chauvinismDefinition of male chauvinism in:
- The British & World English dictionary