Definition of male chauvinism in English:
Male prejudice against women; the belief that men are superior in terms of ability, intelligence, etc. a bastion of male chauvinism
More example sentences
- In honor of the cold war, let me address old-fashioned male chauvinism.
- In China, a country having a centuries-long tradition of male superiority, male chauvinism is absolutely not a new word.
- In different parts of the world, male chauvinism in different degrees has led to gender injustice.
male chauvinist noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- A renewed reading of the sacred texts is needed in order to expose the inconsistencies in the male chauvinist reading of the tradition.
- A devotee of the sexual revolution, he remained in many ways an unreconstructed, 1950s male chauvinist pig.
- Anyone saying that today would be vilified for male-chauvinist sexism.
Definition of male chauvinism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia