Definition of malfeasance in English:
Wrongdoing, especially by a public official.
- This would occur whenever the public is made aware of official malfeasance or incompetence.
- Unions and victims' groups have already accused the company of fraud, deceit and corporate malfeasance.
- Even if they were just friends, that made it newsworthy, because it was about public malfeasance.
- Example sentences
- They are a malfeasant U.S. corporation that has potentially caused us to lose $500 million.
- How much gumption does it take to pillory the malfeasant editors, reporters, and publisher who turned to compost ages ago?
- It's still possible that this is just a cataclysmic bankruptcy for which a few malfeasant executives will pay a stiff price.
Pronunciation: /-ˈfēzənt/noun& adjective
Definition of malfeasance in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan