Definition of malfunction in English:
(Of a piece of equipment or machinery) fail to function normally or satisfactorily: the unit is clearly malfunctioning
More example sentences
- She also has a history of electronic equipment malfunctioning in her presence.
- Only if the machine malfunctions should there be these manual counts.
- That progress ended when the pump malfunctioned.
nounBack to top
A failure to function in a normal or satisfactory manner.
- I've got a couple of equipment malfunctions which I'm struggling with.
- Equipment malfunctions may result from poor design, incomplete qualification, or calibration or maintenance issues.
- There were no malfunctions of any kind with any of the ball or duty loads.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India