Definition of mallow in English:
A herbaceous plant with hairy stems, pink or purple flowers, and disk-shaped fruit. Several kinds are grown as ornamentals, and some are edible.
- Genus Malva, family Malvaceae (the mallow family): many species. This family also includes the hollyhocks, hibiscus, and abutilon. See also marsh mallow, rose mallow
- The look is deliberately natural, with an emphasis on indigenous plants such as swamp mallow and drought-tolerant ornamental grasses.
- Other locals include yarrow, pussytoes, mallow, cudweed, meadowsweet, and chickweed.
- My parents are buried in a garden I made in Water Mill, the graves two unmarked stones, surrounded by Montauk daisies and pink mallow.
Definition of mallow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan