Definition of mallow in English:
A herbaceous plant with hairy stems, pink or purple flowers, and disk-shaped fruit. Several kinds are grown as ornamentals, and some are edible.
- Genus Malva, family Malvaceae (the mallow family): many species. This family also includes the hollyhocks, hibiscus, and abutilon. See also marsh mallow, rose mallow
- The look is deliberately natural, with an emphasis on indigenous plants such as swamp mallow and drought-tolerant ornamental grasses.
- Other locals include yarrow, pussytoes, mallow, cudweed, meadowsweet, and chickweed.
- My parents are buried in a garden I made in Water Mill, the graves two unmarked stones, surrounded by Montauk daisies and pink mallow.
Definition of mallow in:
- British & World English dictionary